Intumescent, Airtight, Watertight and Resilient Sealing Foam
Saint-Gobain® Norseal® FS1000 Series is a proprietary, high-performance foam tape designed with a unique combination of sealing properties. FS1000 is expandable and fire resistant, blocking smoke, air and water. In its natural state, FS1000 is soft, conformable, and easy to attach to complex surfaces.
- Expandable and fire resistant. When heated to more than 200°C, FS1000 will expand and form a fire resistant char, blocking fire, smoke and hot gases.
- Airtight. Compressed by 15%, FS1000 is airtight up to a pressure of 1000 Pa, depending on the surface of the application.
- Watertight. FS1000 is watertight when compressed by 30%.
- Compressible and resilient. It can be easily compressed and comes back to its original thickness after compression.
- Vibration damping. As a result of its resilience, FS1000 is able to damp vibrations and decouple two elements.
- Conformable. Soft; will conform to uneven surfaces.
- Easy installation. Produced in various thicknesses, delivered with or without adhesive on one side.
- Environmentally friendly. Contains no halogen compounds, and there are no concerns of toxic gas emissions when heated. The material does not disperse dust during installation, so it is safe for workers and other people nearby
- Construction: joints in walls, floors, ceilings, windows and doors, HVAC and many other critical areas requiring fire compartmenting
- Automotive: protection of fuel tanks, (H)EV battery packs, etc.
- Aerospace: seats, freight compartments and other critical areas
Saint Gobain - Norseal FS1000 - Properties
|Sku||Compression Force Deflection @ 30% (kPa)||Useable Width (mm)||Fire Resistance - EN 45545||Fire Resistance - EN 1366-4||Compression Set @15 days at 50% at 23°C||EU small flame test - Equivalent Classification||UL94 V - Classification||Temperature of activation (°C)||Limit oxygen index||Air tightness: 1000 Pa 30% compression (Air leakage in ml/m.min)||Water tightness: 30% compression (Hours before leakage)||Thermal Conductivity (W/m.K)||Expansion ratio (volume) @0% compression||Total Thickness (mm)||Elongation (% at Break)||Tensile Strength N (kPa)||Force to Compress (30%)||Density (kg/m3)|
|FS1000-18||5 - 15||min. 1360||HL2||EI45–EI180 depending on the configuration||5||B||V0 File number: E494597||200||30||0||> 72||0.039||200||4.5 (.18in)||85 - 120||180 - 200||10 - 30||240|
|FS1000-24||5 - 15||min. 1360||HL2||EI45–EI180 depending on the configuration||5||B||V0 File number: E494597||200||30||0||> 72||0.039||200||6.0 (.24 in)||85 - 120||180 - 200||10 - 30||240|
|FS1000-35||5 - 15||min. 1360||HL2||EI45–EI180 depending on the configuration||5||B||V0 File number: E494597||200||30||0||> 72||0.039||200||9.0 (.35in)||85 - 120||180 - 200||10 - 30||240|
|FS1000-51||5 - 15||min. 1360||HL2||EI45–EI180 depending on the configuration||5||B||V0 File number: E494597||200||30||0||> 72||0.039||200||13.0 (.51in)||85 - 120||180 - 200||10 - 30||240|